Green Bay, Oconto, Marinette, Crandon, & Eagle River
Newcap, Inc. is a private non-profit Community Action Agency whose mission is to move people from poverty to opportunities & economic security and improve communities. Newcap provides selective services to ten northern & NE Wisconsin counties.
Newcap is a looking to add a Nurse Practitioner to their team. This person will be responsible for providing high-quality primary, basic acute, and reproductive healthcare services across the lifespan and in diverse settings. Provide professional nursing services, which include physical exams, initial medication prescription and refills, general health and family planning counseling, and clinic operation for clients, including the provision disbursing of contraceptive methods, patient education to include teaching of family planning methods and counseling regarding related health needs. Provide early prenatal counseling to approved individuals. Responsible for smooth clinic flow and supervision of all lab test results follow up.
- Responsible for the clinic procedures in accordance with the standing orders.
- Perform physical examinations to men, women, and adolescents, annual exams to include pelvic, PAP, and breast exams, pregnancy tests, sexually transmitted diseases tests, and other lab tests. Assess and determine differential diagnosis and formulate a treatment plan.
- Provide approved contraceptive methods and devices, including oral medications, IUD insertion and removal, and contraception implant insertion and removal certification.
- Assist in keeping accurate records in client files regarding medical services, supplies, and charges.
- Participate in the in-service of agency staff and attend various training sessions as needed.
- Supervise clinic support staff while performing clinical duties.
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing (have a current Wisconsin State Registration as a professional nurse). Provide proof of successful completion of a Women’s Health education program and be eligible for certification as an advanced practice nurse or certification in a reproductive health nursing program. Must be eligible or have current NPI#/Medicaid ID, and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) prescribing privileges.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the principles, standards, and methods of professional nursing.
- Have thorough knowledge of the human reproductive system and modern methods of birth control and the ability to make professional decisions on contraceptive-related problems.
- Must be able to work with low-income persons on a one-to-one basis or in small groups.
- Have experience in family practice to include knowledge of family planning, obstetrics, gynecology.
- Have the ability to obtain a CPR certification on a biannual basis or provide physician’s excuse for not doing so.
- Provide documentation of hepatitis and rubella immunizations/titers or be willing to obtain immunizations (at agency expense).
We are looking for a full time, energetic and motivated individual to join our team and help make a difference. We offer full time, stable work, competitive benefits including (medical, dental, vision, HSA contribution, Disability coverage as well as a very generous PTO and Holiday benefit) Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you feel you meet these requirements please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com