Website Newcap, Inc.
Newcap, Inc. is a private non-profit Community Action Agency whose mission is to move people from poverty to opportunities & economic security and improve communities. Newcap provides selective services to ten northern & NE Wisconsin counties.
Newcap is looking to add a professional, loyal, and knowledgeable Human Resources Generalist to their team. This position will be responsible for all Human Resources (HR) functions, (but not limited to) Recruiting, Employee Relations, Compliance, Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, Benefits administration and maintain HR Databases, deadlines and upholding all policies and procedures. You will also be assisting the managers and other employees in performance, disciplinary scenarios and training opportunities.
- Provide HR support to all locations ensuring consistency, standard operating procedures and legal compliance.
- On-site HR support at the Corporate Headquarters and as needed in other locations as well as remote support for employees located at other locations.
- Successfully implement recruiting efforts and on-boarding of new employees through marketing, interviewing, and orientation. Stay involved for retention and career development of those hired.
- Work closely with Coordinators, Supervisors and leaders ensuring that proper written documentation is obtained.
- Employee Fringe benefit program management
- Ensure that the performance review and compensation plan is implemented and consistent.
- Draft corporate HR policies including employee manual updates and standard operating procedures.
- Remain current on HR trends related laws, benefits and safety.
- Serve as the EEO, FMLA, I9, AA and Social Security compliance expert.
- Travel to other locations and work as needed to cover duties
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources Generalist experience in a multi-facility environment.
- Non-profit and service/skilled trade industry experience preferred but not required
- Successfully created and managed leadership development programs – Servant Leadership and Strengths Finders are pluses
- Strong personal integrity, ethical standards, and the ability to “Lead by Example”
- Ability to handle sensitive information and documents with the utmost confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Empathetic and engaging personality with a high emotional intelligence and maturity
- Energetic, forward thinking, driven and creative individual.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong personal initiative – see what needs to be done and DOES it.
We are looking for a full time, energetic and motivated individual to join our team and help make a difference. We offer full time, stable work, competitive benefits including (medical, dental, vision, HAS contribution, Disability coverage as well as a very generous PTO and Holiday benefit) Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you feel you meet these requirements please submit your resume via email to our Human Resources partner Anne@hrconsultingpartners.net with the subject line “HR Generalist” to be considered.
To apply for this job email your resume to Anne@hrconsultingpartners.net