Newcap, Inc. is a private non-profit Community Action Agency whose mission is to move people from poverty to opportunities & economic security and improve communities. Newcap provides selective services to ten northern & NE Wisconsin counties.
Newcap is seeking an experienced Youth Housing Case Manager to join a growing team. This person will be responsible for case management youth selected to participate in Newcap’s Homeless Programs; ensure compliance with the grant agreement and HUD’s CoC Interim Rule.
- Locate affordable housing for youth participants and assist with moving into their unit.
- Negotiate leases and rent amount with prospective landlords on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with landlords in the service area.
- Provide critical life management skills that may never have been learned or have been lost during the course of physical or mental illness, domestic violence, substance abuse, and homelessness but that are necessary to function independently in the community
- Provide group sessions with clients that include, but are not limited to: money management and budgeting, housekeeping, menu planning, food preparation and nutrition
- Meet monthly with Case Manager Supervisor to discuss participants and program compliance.
- Mediate issues between landlord and participant to maintain housing stability.
- Ensure participants are getting the support they need from their Family Services case manager.
- Responsible for all duties related to the administration of the Youth program. Provide intensive case management to clients that are homeless and have multiple barriers to housing stability.
- Assist applicants with completing the application.
- Help participants create support systems and participate in the community as they desire.
- Help participants learn to live in housing, maintain their housing in a safe manner, get along with fellow tenants and the landlord
- Provide assistance with home maintenance and interpersonal issues as needed.
- Work with the Housing Inspector to ensure units are following HUD’s Housing Quality Standards. Make sure landlords complete necessary repairs on a timely basis.
- Accurately maintain housing assistance payment calculations, including monthly reconciliation with accounting and housing management, monthly reports, and semi-annual notification to tenants.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with various service provider agencies to ensure smooth referrals of clients and follow up on referrals to ensure that adequate and appropriate services are being provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communication, public administration, human-service related field or 2 years in a human service-related field and working with HUD, HMIS, housing, or vulnerable population preferred. A combination of education, training, and experience that results in demonstrated competency performing the work may be substituted.
- Experience working with homeless youth is desired.
- Ability to read, write using proper grammar/punctuation, and communicate effectively
- Possess organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Computer skills
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and public speaking.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision or over-site.
- Ability to identify, communicate and assist in responding to the need in the county
We are looking for a full time, energetic and motivated individual to join our team and help make a difference. We offer full time, stable work, competitive benefits including (medical, dental, vision, HSA contribution, Disability coverage as well as a very generous PTO and Holiday benefit) Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you feel you meet these requirements please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com