Newcap, Inc. is a private non-profit Community Action Agency whose mission is to move people from poverty to opportunities & economic security and improve communities. Newcap provides selective services to ten northern & NE Wisconsin counties.
Newcap is looking to add a professional, loyal, and knowledgeable individual to their team. The Housing Case Manager is a full-time position that provides comprehensive case management services to survivors of human trafficking. This position will work in collaboration with the Sexual Assault Center and Eye Heart World to ensure that the survivors needs are met.
- Make certain that all Newcap Housing Programs are Housing First so that people are housed quickly without preconditions or service participation requirements.
- Confirm that all Newcap Housing programs are person-centered and safeguards client choice. Choice can include location and type of housing, level of services, and decisions related to the type of other supportive services.
- Work with the Sexual Assault Center and Eye Heart World to broaden advocacy response to human trafficking
- Serve as the agency representative to local, regional, and state level human trafficking coordinating bodies
- Attend program-related community, coalition and committee meetings, as assigned.
- Maintain and update resource and referral lists specific to the topic of human trafficking
- Participate in regular meetings with the Case Manager Supervisor
- Provide crisis intervention services during business hours to clients who have been trafficked, as needed (some after hours interventions may be necessary)
- Prepare case management related reports including but not limited to outcomes, successes, etc.
- Use a variety of methods to offer short term (up to 24 months) housing assistance to individuals or families who have experienced human trafficking
- Implement a thorough assessment with client, including a goal-oriented care plan.
- Develop realistic action plan with the client using autonomy
- Collect and organize data into appropriate format for the Case Manager Supervisor and funders’ database.
- Provide clients with information about community resources, homeless programs and housing resources and assist them in identifying, evaluating, and connecting to those that best match their preferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or human-service related field. Work Experience may substitute required education on a year-by year basis.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of human trafficking, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking preferred.
- Experience working with homeless individuals and families is desired.
- A basic understanding of poverty, its causes and conditions and its impact on individuals and communities is essential.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours and days to meet the needs of the position.
We are looking for a full time, energetic and motivated individual to join our team and help make a difference. We offer full time, stable work, competitive benefits including (medical, dental, vision, HSA contribution, Disability coverage as well as a very generous PTO and Holiday benefit) Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you feel you meet these requirements please submit your resume via email to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org