Newcap, Inc. is a private non-profit Community Action Agency whose mission is to move people from poverty to opportunities & economic security and improve communities. Newcap provides selective services to ten northern & NE Wisconsin counties.
Newcap is seeking an experienced business coach to join a growing team of business specialists dedicated to teaching, coaching and empowering low income and rural based entrepreneurs as they design, develop and grow their businesses in Northeast Wisconsin. As an integral part of the program development team, represent Newcap’s business development programs though community networking, work directly with clients, and design creative programming to meet the needs of our business community.
- Provide entrepreneurs with comprehensive business coaching and training (technical assistance) to support clients in making positive decisions for themselves and their businesses.
- Provide business coaching through online and face to face trainings including topics in business startup, expansion, HR, leadership and management, procedures and business financials including cash flow, grants and lending, financial management procedures and financial tools.
- Perform operations and assist with expansion of the Virtual Business Center.
- Perform program and project marketing and community relations activities.
Business Coaching and Technical Assistance
- Provide online, in person, group and classroom based business coaching and technical assistance to entrepreneurs to ensure clients have a comprehensive understanding of business startup, expansion, management and business finance.
- Assess client’s overall personal and financial picture and determine an action plan to support the start-up, recovery and expansion of a client’s business.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and coach clients through the required government filings, licenses, and procedures for setting up a business.
- Provide clients’ assistance with the development of detailed financial projections to ensure clients go into business ownership with a firm understanding of the financial impact of business startup and expansion.
- Support clients through coaching techniques as they work through fear and avoidance.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of business structures available in Wisconsin and advise on the options based on each client’s situation.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of and coach client through small business management techniques, business planning and lending opportunities.
- Refer to and collaborate with other Newcap business experts to ensure clients are receiving rounded business development training, assistance and education.
- Assist clients in creating business and marketing plan development, feasibility studies, expansion plans, HR manuals and processes, and other business activities.
- Support the Business and Economic Development Coordinator in finding, writing, securing, and reporting on current and new grants that maintain and will expand Newcap’s business development program.
- Maintain organized, confidential client coaching and technical assistance reports, contracts, intake forms, etc. both online and when appropriate, physical copies.
- Maintain Newcap’s Captain Database with all CYOO business development clients.
Virtual Business Center Program Operations and Expansion
- Work with the Business and Economic Development Coordinator to identify and develop training webinars, tutorials, live trainings, classes, and workshops.
- Provide monthly business tips and tools for business owners.
- Write monthly blogs and record webinars on business topics.
- Help facilitate the Vision to Creation business start-up classes.
- Promote the Virtual Business Center to clients, prospective clients and community partners.
- Maintain knowledge of all Newcap programs and related community programs and services.
- Maintain relationships and network with other community-based service providers.
- Perform administrative duties such as data collection and entry, report preparation, documentation and other duties as assigned leader.
Marketing and Community Relations
- Cultivate relationships with area Economic Development Centers, WEDC, SBA, WWBIC, and other area business support service providers.
- Create relationships with community banks to garner support for Newcap’s business services, maintain up to date information on business banking offerings such as checking and savings accounts, business loans, merchant processing, credit and secured credit card options and other business services.
- Network throughout Newcap’s service area to expand awareness for Newcap’s Create Your Own Opportunities business development program, partner with area businesses and non-profits to support expanded service delivery and onboard new clients.
- Post-secondary education in business, communications, public administration, transit planning, or 5 years’ experience in transportation related field and working with elderly, disabled and low income populations preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency performing the work may be substituted.
- Knowledge of budgeting and grant writing.
- Ability to read, write using proper grammar/punctuation, and communicate effectively
- Possess organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Computer skills.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, project management, presentation, graphics, layout, and design.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision or over-site.
- Ability to identify, communicate and assist in responding to the needs of multi-counties.
- Ability to supervise employees
We are looking for a full time, energetic and motivated individual to join our team and help make a difference. We offer full time, stable work, competitive benefits including (medical, dental, vision, HSA contribution, Disability coverage as well as a very generous PTO and Holiday benefit) Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you feel you meet these requirements please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com