Newcap, Inc. is a private non-profit Community Action Agency whose mission is to move people from poverty to opportunities & economic security and improve communities. Newcap provides selective services to ten northern & NE Wisconsin counties.
Newcap is looking to add a professional, loyal, and knowledgeable individual to their team. The Budget Counselor/Financial Coach will provide credit management counseling and in-depth budget counseling to clients. Perform outreach efforts to raise visibility, and garner financial support for program. They will also provide agency intake support and manage the Representative Payee Program
Financial Capabilities Program:
- Provide budget counseling and credit/debt management counseling to clients.
- Assess client’s overall financial picture and determine an action plan to gain control of finances, manage debt, and meet necessary goals.
- Maintain knowledge of credit/debt management procedures and options, as well as budget counseling techniques, foreclosure intervention practices, loan modification and refinancing options, and medical and insurance debt procedures.
- Create relationships with community realtors to familiarize them with Newcap programs.
- Create relationships with community banks to garner support for Newcap programs.
- Assist with student loan modifications and offer budgeting solutions.
- Take calls from clients in need of agency programs, ask screening/qualification questions.
- Refer to appropriate agencies or begin application process by sending application packet.
- Process applications and put together a complete package to meet State/Federal compliance guidelines.
Foreclosure Prevention and Homebuyer Program:
- Advocate for clients and assist with mortgage modification and foreclosure intervention.
- Must be knowledgeable in HCRI (Housing Cost Reduction Initiative) application.
- Collaborates with peer organizations, local school districts and colleges, in presenting educational seminars.
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to provide education, guidance and referrals tailored to each client’s unique circumstances.
- Develops outreach programs and strategies to bring awareness to the communities Newcap serves in an effort to expand services.
- Provide housing pre-purchasing counseling.
- Complete HUD Homebuyer and Foreclosure Certification within one year of hire.
Representative Payee Program:
- Develop and implement the Representative Payee program.
- Complete the annual Representative Payee Report for each client, listing client funds received and funds spent.
- Learn and follow SSA rules and how the benefits are determined utilizing each beneficiary’s funds to their highest capacity to meet the beneficiary’s needs.
- Daily processes and management of cutting checks for members personal needs, extra requests, emergency requests.
- Daily decision making based on member needs vs. wants and making good decisions based that their funds will last through each month.
- Coordinate with others (such as county case managers, housing staff, counselors, etc.) who are assisting the client on issues related to client finances or client behavior related to finances.
- Closely monitor all assigned cases and maintain appropriate, accurate electronic and paper records of deposits, payments, and other transactions.
- Meet individually with clients to determine weekly/monthly spending requests, discuss changes in bills, assist with utility hook-ups, etc.
- Determine a client’s basic monthly needs and how best to address them base on their income and abilities to self-budget.
- At least three years’ experience working with individuals/families with mental illness and programs in a case management capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to individuals and groups regardless of age or background.
- Ability to work using discretion and judgment concerning the ongoing operation of the Housing Program.
- Must be able to utilize a computer and basic programs (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel) and data entry systems for communication, documentation, and data tracking.
- Ability to travel to training sessions, which are sometimes overnight.
- Good organizational skills and must be flexible.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable car with insurance coverage.
We are looking for a full time, energetic and motivated individual to join our team and help make a difference. We offer full time, stable work, competitive benefits including (medical, dental, vision, HSA contribution, Disability coverage as well as a very generous PTO and Holiday benefit) Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you feel you meet these requirements please submit your resume via email to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org