Administrative Support Specialist
Newcap, Inc. is a private non-profit Community Action Agency whose mission is to move people from poverty to opportunities & economic security and improve communities. Newcap provides selective services to ten northern & NE Wisconsin counties.
Newcap is seeking a friendly and highly motivated administrative support specialist with excellent communication, technology and problem solving skills to join the Create Your Own Opportunities team. As an integral part the of day-to-day operations of the department, utilize both creative and organizational skills to accelerate the development of new programs, hit tight deadlines, implement and maintain new technology, compile and maintain detailed, confidential client files and manage schedules.
- Provide support to the Business and Economic Development Coordinator.
- Heavy calendar management and email management
- Heavy project plan task management
- Composing, preparing, editing grants and correspondence within the company organization and to clients on behalf of Newcap and the department.
- Purchase orders and credit card statement reconciliation
- Receive incoming calls and respond to requests for information about the departments programming.
- Assist with finding, editing, and reporting on current and new grants that maintain and will expand Newcap’s business development program.
- Monitor and route communications from multiple different channels.
- Coordinate and schedule internal meetings and department events, create meeting agendas and follow-up meeting notes, as needed.
- Organize and maintain files in paper and electronic form.
- Develop new forms and files both electronically and in paper form.
- Assist with reporting and audits required by grants.
- Maintain Newcap’s Captain Database with all CYOO business development clients.
- Provide support for the operations and expansion of the Business Empowerment Center (BEC):
- Coordinate with the website developer to ensure new content is posted in a timely fashion and old content is removed.
- Set up, schedule, and maintain the BEC email, blog, and newsletter communications.
- Set up new expert consultants with the necessary technology, reports and information to successfully perform coaching duties.
- Coordinate with the Expert consultants to schedule, track, report, and invoice for services.
- Maintain the support email and respond to challenges quickly.
- Compile and edit website content provided by coaches and upload to website, as necessary.
- Post-secondary education in business, communications, public administration, transit planning, or 5 years’ experience in transportation related field and working with elderly, disabled and low income populations preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency performing the work may be substituted.
- Knowledge of budgeting and grant writing.
- Ability to read, write using proper grammar/punctuation, and communicate effectively.
- Possess organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Computer skills.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, project management, presentation, graphics, layout, and design.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision or over-site.
- Ability to identify, communicate and assist in responding to the needs of multi-counties.
- Ability to supervise employees.
We are looking for a full time, energetic and motivated individual to join our team and help make a difference. We offer full time, stable work, competitive benefits including (medical, dental, vision, HSA contribution, Disability coverage as well as a very generous PTO and Holiday benefit) Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you feel you meet these requirements please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com