Contact: Carsin Poole - firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1992, Cenflex, Your Flex Connector Connection, provides custom engineering and quality testing of the flexible metal components that keep your systems connected. Cenflex metal assemblies, hoses, expansion joints, exhaust systems, and flex connectors are custom designed to meet and exceed the physical and operational specifications of your system. As we continue to grow, we are looking to add a Shipping Lead to our team!
The Shipping Lead will be responsible for leading and overseeing shipping personnel and maintain high levels of quality and efficiency. He/She will oversee work of individual shipping, testing, and paint personnel, while managing inventory of production supplies and tools.
- Oversee shipping team and train new hires, shipping area’s process and procedures
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Pack, seal, and label to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, shrink wrapper, and scale.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as pallet jack, forklift, or sorting bins
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, etc.
- Maintain output following approved Procedures & Methods
- Organize materials and personnel work assignments to optimize flow.
- Ship product as necessary to maintain schedule attainment.
- Participate in problem-solving, mistake-proofing and continuous improvement efforts.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve process efficiencies.
- Prepare documents, such as bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Confer and correspond with management representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- 2 to 4 years of warehouse/inventory experience is preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Computer knowledge with word, excel, and outlook is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math skills